• We're currently working on the search system, until that's complete the search will be disabled. In the mean time, you can use the quick search on the forum home page, or the search from the latest updates page.
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Unfortunately I don't think SRPG, the engine I use supports mobile version.
SRPG Studio. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it bears repeating that SRPG is the name of the genre, and SRPG Studio is the name of the engine. You were building an SRPG even back when you were making it in Unity. It's like how you wouldn't shorten "RPG Maker" to "RPG".

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
SRPG Studio. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it bears repeating that SRPG is the name of the genre, and SRPG Studio is the name of the engine. You were building an SRPG even back when you were making it in Unity. It's like how you wouldn't shorten "RPG Maker" to "RPG".
Yep you're right sorry, (I wasn't using unity but gamemaker but yeah.)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hey, I haven't been following the development too closely lately for personal reasons, but I checked your Patreon and saw that you were saying something about a new game. Unfortunately, a lot of the info is locked behind either a paywall or making an account, so I was wondering if there was anything you could share publicly. Even if the vote between the three game ideas is locked to Patrons, it'd be nice to see what those ideas are. Also, I feel like the last post was supposed to be public, but it still won't let me read it.

The one post I was able to read had a line that I don't understand: "The consequence of this is that if I have to invest such a sum, it's not to go back until the game is finished." What does "it's not to go back" mean?

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Hey, I haven't been following the development too closely lately for personal reasons, but I checked your Patreon and saw that you were saying something about a new game. Unfortunately, a lot of the info is locked behind either a paywall or making an account, so I was wondering if there was anything you could share publicly. Even if the vote between the three game ideas is locked to Patrons, it'd be nice to see what those ideas are. Also, I feel like the last post was supposed to be public, but it still won't let me read it.

The one post I was able to read had a line that I don't understand: "The consequence of this is that if I have to invest such a sum, it's not to go back until the game is finished." What does "it's not to go back" mean?
Yeah the game for the vote were :
1) an idle game playing as an evil scientist taking over evil mind control corp
2) RE:Curse continuation as a card game (that would have a gameplay close to stackland)
3) a 3rd person survival game that mix trap/tower defenses element (gameplay close to orc must die) and survival/exploration element (Basically you'd have time between wave of enemy (or even during if you think your defenses can hold) to gather ressources/explore map and probably do some secondary objectives like clearing enemy camp.

I can't find the context in my posts of the "invest such a sum" but I think if I remember well it's probably about the 3D require initial investment before I can start working on it so I didn't want to start it unless I was sure I'd see it completed.

From the vote and my personal preferences I decided to drop 1) to focus on 2) and 3).
I might have a prototype available the 15th of september depending on my progress and if I manage to get my hand on a good framework.
(Basically for the 2) game I started to code in Gamemaker, but there was someone that already made a clone of stackland and have an engine available, so I'm trying to contact them to see if I'll be able to use and modify their engine for my needs.
And for the 3) I have a few mechanics implemented but it's unlikely I have a prototype worth showing by the 15th I'll see. (I have a character that can fight and build traps for now but there are still a couple bugs, the UI isn't done at all, and you can't gather ressources yet)

CaesarCzech

May 20, 2018
how the hell do you win mission leverage ? game tells me to defeat enemies but that is imposible since saki is unkilable,

Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you please give more detailed solution? In this mission you brainwash Gabrielle at first turn and after that you can move her as a normal unit, who doesn't have any attack. I put her on all houses in map, but it didn't trigger anything. Capturing Saki doesn't help. She stay with 1 HP or revive with full HP if I try to brainwash her.

Edit: Found the way. This mission has a clear soft lock. If you try to brainwash Gabrielle like an any normal enemy, then you get a soft lock, because you cannot finish Saki(her HP cannot fall less then 1 no matter what, if you try to brainwash her, then she ressurect with full HP as your enemy). To complete this mission you need attack Gaby 3 times with Chloe and then, when Chloe move automaticaly onto empty house, use her ability Convert Gaby 3 times to finish mission.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Can you please give more detailed solution? In this mission you brainwash Gabrielle at first turn and after that you can move her as a normal unit, who doesn't have any attack. I put her on all houses in map, but it didn't trigger anything. Capturing Saki doesn't help. She stay with 1 HP or revive with full HP if I try to brainwash her.

Edit: Found the way. This mission has a clear soft lock. If you try to brainwash Gabrielle like an any normal enemy, then you get a soft lock, because you cannot finish Saki(her HP cannot fall less then 1 no matter what, if you try to brainwash her, then she ressurect with full HP as your enemy). To complete this mission you need attack Gaby 3 times with Chloe and then, when Chloe move automaticaly onto empty house, use her ability Convert Gaby 3 times to finish mission.
Yep I changed the conversion system a couple patches ago, which mean I had to do fix character that you can't convert, but I forgot about Gabrielle. Thank you for the bug report.

It'll be fixed next version.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes