4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I only get "failed to set audio device" message and program closes. Any solutions?
Yeah, this is an error linked to SRPG (the engine I use to make the game). Someone already reported me this error once, I can't find their message, but I know we tried a couple things :
-Update your sound drivers can't hurt, and might fix it.
-I remember them talking about the game working when they use, and the issue could be because their audio device was set to use quality sound that is not supported by SRPG (like too high bitrate or something like that) so you might want to change your audio setting to something more commonly used if that's your case or try to use any other audio device.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
She is aroused when having people under her power, which laso has an impact about how sex scenes unfold.
From what I heard until now I think you'll be fine with the game.
Yeah, happily telling a girl to kill her friends even as she tries to resist. Such a "good" MC.
Dunno, everything just rubs me the wrong way.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
ShadowOverMeridia-0.82
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
Little feedback: some missions require you to beat an enemy (the ice witch or the queen in the practice duel for example).
If you convert the enemy, the mission will softlock, because you can't kill your own units

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Little feedback: some missions require you to beat an enemy (the ice witch or the queen in the practice duel for example).
If you convert the enemy, the mission will softlock, because you can't kill your own units
Thank you for your report, that's because at the time you converted enemy by "killing them" with the debuff. Now I changed that they are invulnerable with the debuff, so I'll have to change event, it should be fixed next update thank you for your feedback.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Thank you the bug have been fixed and the link updated in the op and my patreon.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
Been a while, finally got some time:

I did chapter 17 yesterday night finished it today. Pretty difficult map, very well designed.

3 fronts, balance your funds between 3 fronts and each front has a purpose:

Middle: Since enemies heavily outclass you with their building bonus, they have to stall enemies as long as possible and draw as many enemies out.
I had to redo the map because my middle front collapsed, but I found a better strat to hold the middle front.
I buy additional healer and archers later, while stealing Royal Guards from Dark Gift.

Left: I build 2 archers the first 2 turns and stall for a few turns until going for a big push, two of the enemy building bonus are located here, so they have 2nd highest priority to advance forward.

Right: This is the most important front, Chloe and Flonne's team have to push as aggressively as possible, converting enemies on their way and capture the first 2 crystals asap or the boss will just overwhelm with repeated 2dmg AOE. I buy an archer and 2nd turn a scout to wall off the bottom Royal Guard as I only have enough power to convert the one near the crystal and prevent him from going after Chloe.

This is how my turn 3 looks:
1720025623464.png
Right: I sacced both spear enemies to the Royal Guards so Chloe can push the first crystal and start slowing down the rate the boss can use his 2 AOE dmg.

middle: I prepared to build wall

I saved every turn so I could screenshot more, but it's a very long map and would take a while to capture my whole strat.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Been a while, finally got some time:
I did chapter 17 yesterday night finished it today. Pretty difficult map, very well designed.
[...]
I saved every turn so I could screenshot more, but it's a very long map and would take a while to capture my whole strat.
Yeah, despite this chapter not being the last one, I really wanted to feel like the final battle. It's long and in hardest difficulty designed to be challenging, but unlike training ground I wanted it to be Asymetric.
I wanted the emperor and Chloe to have different approach despite both having brainwashing power. It made it harder to balance, but I'm happy with the result.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
Yeah, despite this chapter not being the last one, I really wanted to feel like the final battle. It's long and in hardest difficulty designed to be challenging, but unlike training ground I wanted it to be Asymetric.
I wanted the emperor and Chloe to have different approach despite both having brainwashing power. It made it harder to balance, but I'm happy with the result.
Must have taken a lot of effort to balance chapter 16 and 17 this well

• Red Heart
Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Must have taken a lot of effort to balance chapter 16 and 17 this well
Well they really have to be, some chapter are mostly there for the story, but when there is a big fight like this one or a fight that is meant to be somewhat "fair" like the previous one, you have to feel it in gameplay.

Last edited:

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023

Is the final map supposed to be easy? Hard mode, I just inspire and attack the boss turn 1 and she suicide's herself and I win turn 1.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022

Is the final map supposed to be easy? Hard mode, I just inspire and attack the boss turn 1 and she suicide's herself and I win turn 1.
Hmmm, I see the problem here, I've set her AI to "Do not attack unless you're at range" thinking she is a ranged character and her ally would body block you anyway, but I forgot that the Ai isn't too smart, I'll have her to get back in next update I think so you can't cheese her like that because, let's be honest. Sometimes it's fun to allow player to find cheeses, but this time your "strategy" is a bit disapointing I should never have allowed that :LOL:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
The conversion bug (and the unkillable enemies bug) Should be completely fixed in all chapters.

I just got to play the latest version of the game where the bug is supposed to be fixed but I still have it
Thank you for your feedback can you tell me a couple things :
Are you playing the last public or last patron version? edited: I forgot the last version of SoM is public, so you're on 0.82a right?
In which chapter did it happen and on which enemy?

franckus

Sep 17, 2019
Thank you for your feedback can you tell me a couple things :
Are you playing the last public or last patron version? edited: I forgot the last version of SoM is public, so you're on 0.82a right?
In which chapter did it happen and on which enemy?
I am on the latest published version and it has arrived on chapter 3 and 4 (not tried on others)
I no longer have the bug, I'm trying various manipulations at home to fix it.
to explain the problem is that basically I replaced the old version with the new one in a folder where the game is located and I still had the bug. I ended up creating a new folder where I only put the latest version of the game (I avoid the file replacement step) and the bug disappears
on the other hand I have no idea why replacing the old files with the new ones in a folder does not solve the bug and why it is necessary to create a new folder (I have always done this with the different games that I test and this is the first time that it poses a problem)

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I am on the latest published version and it has arrived on chapter 3 and 4 (not tried on others)
I no longer have the bug, I'm trying various manipulations at home to fix it.
to explain the problem is that basically I replaced the old version with the new one in a folder where the game is located and I still had the bug. I ended up creating a new folder where I only put the latest version of the game (I avoid the file replacement step) and the bug disappears
on the other hand I have no idea why replacing the old files with the new ones in a folder does not solve the bug and why it is necessary to create a new folder (I have always done this with the different games that I test and this is the first time that it poses a problem)
Hmmm, maybe there was some remnant of save in the version when you fused the folder? I don't know if SRPG has a data saved somewhere (like completion data that would be independant of your save file or something like that idk).
Good to know it works with a clean install.
Tell me if you encounter the bug again, I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Yeetusdelitus

Jun 6, 2021
So I might just be stupid, but could someone tell me how to complete chapter 14? I can't for the life of me figure out how i am supposed to complete it.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
So I might just be stupid, but could someone tell me how to complete chapter 14? I can't for the life of me figure out how i am supposed to complete it.
I made a vid for the Hard mode version

Also I recorded clearing chapter 14 Hard. Showcasing the glitch too at 2:42
You actually only need to stall and trigger an event 3 times with Chloe to win the map if that is the problem.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes