VN Ren'Py Completed Love is Strange [v1.2 Final] [Team RumbleBee]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Hesus Danu... brah... No one cares about your experiences or what. It's off topic here. If it's not part of the game, or parallel to universe of it, it shouldn't be mentioned or brought up here. Just sayin man.

Oct 4, 2019
Because you can't choose who you love or are attracted to. It's not rocket science or weird. *shrugs* You can't just say to a guy: there's a girl, now you should want her because I say so. You have a really skewed and dim view of a young and inexperienced boy's romantic feelings. There might be the minor trope of "wanting someone who puts up more of a challenge", but Warren simply liked Max and went through a lot of shit for her, including getting beat up, helping her while being kept in the dark like a manipulated simpleton being treated as too stupid or unworthy to know what was going on, and potentially getting himself into legal trouble. That's more than a good friend should do, he's a tragic white knight. LIS and BtS both had the same role of the disposable male character to stress it was meant to be about FxF and boys went out of the window. BtS was even more obvious in that regard. And I say that while I obviously have an avatar of BtS period Chloe Elizabeth frickin' Price, the messed-up, lonely and angsty NEET.
Likewise you could say Chloe should have just gotten over Max more quickly and forgotten about her, because we know what happened in BtS. Max treated her like shit, there was Rachel, other people cared for her, but still it was all about Max in her diary. But nope, she hadn't stopped obsessing over Max and see where this and other traumas from being mentally stuck got her. Why is one obsession cute and the other one creepy? They aren't, they're both tragic and indicative of how broken everything is in LIS.

Last edited:

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Why would anyone love that obessed stalker? And I am being serious when I ask the question. He is good friend but the dude seriously has a girl wanting and demand his attention in Brooke but it's 'Max Max Max Max MAX!! MaX mAx!'
I don't care, he was the only male romance option in the game, so basically the only romance option ;) Plus I don't remember him like you described, I remember him getting himself in trouble just to help you, since he had a crush on you and all. Also agree with the wall of text above.

Reactions: Why Am I Even Here?
Oct 4, 2019
Respect for your opinion. I picked both. I thought Warren had deserved more than a proper handshake :Kappa:before he got his first smooch. I mean, the guy went so far to woo her and keep his cool regardless he became a tad pathetic and bordered on becoming unattractive for not drawing the line. Take charge, alpha male. :^)
wall of text
Sawry.
What I really wanted to convey is Sam's statement in BtS: "No one is just a type". That's something I felt throughout LIS. A lot of these fan discussions are about wrongfully turning characters into simplistic types, but they're not. Even a lot of the worst characters were redeemable, showed moments where the masks came off and did their best to earn that redemption throughout the storyline. Chloe is my favorite character despite her difficult character traits, wasted potential and overall bad moments. I can identify with her and I truly feel like her toxic punk act is just the way it's supposed to be from her POV. LIS is (or was) all about good, multilayered character development and giving anti-heroes a fair treatment.

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I don't care, he was the only male romance option in the game, so basically the only romance option ;) Plus I don't remember him like you described, I remember him getting himself in trouble just to help you, since he had a crush on you and all. Also agree with the wall of text above.
Agree to Disagree with both of you on Warrens account. I have my opinion on him (Better for Brooke and better friend for Max) and you have yours, let's leave it at that.

And Chloe is hardly toxic as many want to claim she is. She is who she is because of her past. She lost her father and best friend roughly the same day and grieved in her own colorful way. She feel in love with someone who gave her a respite for her own problems only to be taken away. And then out of blue her Best Friend returns to her and saves her. For me, Her behavior is both natural as well as part of her personality. People grieve and change in their own ways. For Chloe she grew bitter with the world and we saw the result. But we also saw how loyal and protective she was of Max, even if you disagree with her and she wouldn't like something, she still cared.

In Short: I love the Blue Softie as she is, and no amount of slander will change my mind on her.

Side Thought: I truly believe Rachel isn't dead.

Reactions: stormdrain
Oct 4, 2019
I kinda and kinda don't agree with that take on Chloe. She's had it rough, yes, and then the question is: do you think those earlier events explain her state later in life so you can connect with her? We're not even talking about whether those events justify her behavior which is another discussion. It's definitely not justified for instance how all her potential was thrown away. Blue is blue and not strawberry blonde because she in part rebelled against herself quite drastically. Compare her with punk Rachel who kept her long blonde hair and was able to blend in with her peers more easily to keep up appearances. Her story is a well-told tragedy one can connect with, not a supercool (well, a bad idea is awesome until it's not), righteous rebellion against whatever because people around her have done the best they could for her - some would argue Max didn't and that's one of her huge shortcomings, so Chloe found out what her best friend really was like: a girl with her own issues and a social ineptitude in certain situations. Everything from when she started going downhill to just driving off after the destruction of her hometown and people like her mom and even David undoubtedly wondering if she died is wrong, tragic, melodramatic, melancholic. The fact is, she reacted to her situation in the worst way possible. One of the things that attracts me to Chloe is how much she keeps it real; her sincerity and emotional genuineness are things I can't appreciate enough. Which leads me back to Warren's situation. It's really weird for me that people cut their favorite character this much slack - while Cloe is my own favorite character indeed, but not a tiny bit of charity can be extended to characters like Warren. This is not about slandering Chloe, it's about slandering Warren while acknowledging Chloe isn't a great character because she's (totally not) perfect (*) but because she's genuine and worth sympathizing with.

(*) In her own words: "Glass looks way prettier when it's broken. Wonder what else that's true for?"
And another one to demonstrate how broken everything is in LIS: "Maybe the lies we tell each other are less horrible than the truths we keep hidden?"

I'm also on Team Rachel, but her being alive would mean the junkyard scene was staged, Nathan was even more insane and less aware of reality or easily made to believe lies than previously thought and the autopsy results would have demonstrated that. What a great twist that would be in the LIS3 we're probably never getting. And that fact rustles my jimmies (they're already so rustled they're in orbit going to the moon) to this day.
I don't know why I even bother at this point, but still hiding the biggest spoilers.

Last edited:

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Man, this game is really something else. I love Life is Strange, and it's characters. A romance VN like this with Max, and the rest of the girls is a no brainer. The art is really nice too (more specifically the Character Cut-Ins).

It's too bad it never really reaches it's full potential. I'm not even talking about the "No Sexual Content" tag. That's not a problem. Romance, and Eroticism can be achieved with quality writing. The build up to each romance is fantastic, but the game just ends abruptly I feel. There's no follow up to really drive the point home.

It left me wanting more... in a bad way.

Oct 4, 2019
Man, this game is really something else. I love Life is Strange, and it's characters. A romance VN like this with Max, and the rest of the girls is a no brainer. The art is really nice too (more specifically the Character Cut-Ins).

It's too bad it never really reaches it's full potential. I'm not even talking about the "No Sexual Content" tag. That's not a problem. Romance, and Eroticism can be achieved with quality writing. The build up to each romance is fantastic, but the game just ends abruptly I feel. There's no follow up to really drive the point home.

It left me wanting more... in a bad way.
In other words, exactly how original Life Is Strange, Before the Storm and Arcadia Bay fans in general feel while Dontnod keep thrashing our hopes and dreams. :cry: That feeling of longing and void is how I've felt since it turned out BTS was the last Arcadia Bay game. Fitting since LIS is about nostalgia, melancholy and longing for simpler times in the past, also demonstrated by the frequent use of "outdated" tech in the games. As a consequence I also returned to analog photography myself and tried to recapture the feeling expressed in the desaturated pictures of my childhood, my own version of the pirate theme. Man, what a feels trip it is just writing about LIS.

r3i97dan2

Nov 16, 2018
Long time lurker and downloader of a billion different things. After another session of wading through what felt like literally mountains of shit ("gotta try everything once!") I finally got around to this one. What a beautiful little gem and full credit to the creators -- and I've only done the Victoria routes so far, which promises great things for the rest of them. To all those with the "no sexual content, no play" attitude: I get where you're from but I'm just happy there's a place for this next to the great big piles of barely literate trash, endlessly recycled 3D assets (if I see that fucking park-with-a-tunnel backdrop one more time...) and Yet Another Huge Schlonged Protagonist Getting His Jollies By Molesting Sleeping Family Members (Part 12: This Time With Magic). Sure, I wouldn't object to some spicy scenes to round things out, but I fully appreciate this for what it is even without any sex thrown in. 99% of everything is shit and F95 is no exception; let's be grateful for the remaining 1% of quality even when it's not exactly your thing.

jamonserrano

Jan 14, 2020
This game is very special to me, no other vn has made me feel what it does, sometimes when I replay it I pray that it will be even a little longer, even if I know it won't happen

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote