Others - Completed - Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen + All DLC [Final] [AQUAPLUS]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dunnodoncare

Utawarerumono Prelude to the Fallen is a hybrid, with VN and tactics RPG elements, that is good on its own, but the titles that come after, are the real reward. To put it differently, reading this one will help you enjoy mask of deception, and mask of truth, even more. So it's a bit like an investment, that pays out when you read the whole trilogy. Keep that in mind, when choosing to read/play this.

Positive:
    - Art style - I really like some of the characters designs, and the quality improves in the sequels.
    - Many great characters - They have diversity, quirks, physical traits, backstories, and secrets. I remember quite a few of them (the girl with the tiger, for instance), and I read this many years ago.
    - Amazing slice of life - I can't say that it's the best ever in a VN, but it's incredibly pleasant and wholesome, to watch these people go on about their daily lives. I was really impressed when I read this, and it's still a reference to this day when it comes to this parameter.
    - Epic story - You have to understand, that this became part of a trilogy, and I'm having trouble separating the titles individually, after all these years, but trust me just this once, this a grand tale, well worth reading.
    - Massive OST with many good tracks - This version, Prelude to the fallen, uses music from the sequels, if I recall correctly. Check it on YouTube, it has great tracks (both vocals, and instrumental).

Negative:
    - Combat - It's simplistic. Increasing attack on all characters = winning the scenario, even on hard mode. Why bother with gameplay?

Score: Utawarerumono: Prelude to the fallen is a 7/10, a good VN, and a poor videogame. Don't let me stop you from reading just this one, but the entire point of this title (today) is being an "appetizer", for the sequels. This one is not a requirement to understand the sequels, but I recommend it anyway.

(Utawarerumono should have the VN tag. It's clearly a hybrid with gameplay, but the VN like content is very high, you will be reading a lot.)

(I didn't read this through this website, but I saw that the version with h-scenes is also here. https://f95zone.to/threads/utawarerumono-final-sting-leaf.840/ , if anyone is interested. I never watched them unfortunately)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

GoldenRetriever123

There is no sexual content sadly in this game, so if you came here looking for that, then go home. Althought the combat system is very engaging, all around solid combat. The only real reason i finished this game is because of the engaging combat, the story was good but nothing too special. Not a lot of interesting waifus sadly.