RAGS Abandoned Man in the Family [v0.5] [jasko2205]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

selfie

Aug 6, 2016
Holy throwback using rags
But it's absolutely horrific to deal with, just in case you have issues with the client, here is an untested web version of it (I'm using this myself and no issues so far)

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
Should have done TADS instead.. just saying. :p

Still prefer RAGS over qsp...

Hey.. this could be a great game. Stepping stone for dev before goes full blown ren'py?

firefall132

Jan 28, 2018
Oof, that grammar looks like a rough time. Game could probably use the incest tag too, even if it's all technically not really step fake incest.

FluffyStudio

Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Holy shit RAGS! I'm old, but this is ancient even for me! Crazy. I remember Wife Trainer originally came out on RAGS. Fuck me! I came to see what new Games have been updated and leave with an existential crisis! WTF?

• Haha
Reactions: TornTom

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
I don't understand how to install and execute this rags version 3. I ran the installer and told it to install in the same directory as the old rags2. But there is no new executable. And there is nothin in the start menu either. What is going on there?

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018
I don't understand how to install and execute this rags version 3. I ran the installer and told it to install in the same directory as the old rags2. But there is no new executable. And there is nothin in the start menu either. What is going on there?
Changes are, it over-wrote the old .exe....

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Changes are, it over-wrote the old .exe....
I thought so too, but the date on the file says it is from 2013 and when I run it and click the about option in he menu it says version 2.4 something. So apparently that's not it.

Ok I clicked around abit and there is an executable file called RagsWPFPlayer. That has a date from 2017. When I run that and click the about thing in the menu it says it is version 3.1. Strange it has such an old date. Anyways, when I try to load the game with this it just closes the Rags window without even any error message. I don't get it.

Last edited:

BladerayW

Dec 1, 2018
saw update, looked at the thumbnail and went RAGS! WTF. Creators have moved on from rags for reasons and this pops up. at least the dudes committed to what they started with

TornTom

Mar 22, 2019
My memory is pretty hazy since this was like 10-15 years ago but most the Adult Interactive Fiction I picked up was in the form of ADRIFT Blorb Zblorb or TADS 3 files. File structures that were also commonly used with regular Interactive Fiction games. RAGS was around but it wasnt supper prevalent in the websites or forums I looked at, but my sense at the time was RAGS was still a popular choice for games specifically themed around transformation and other more relatively niche concepts for whatever reason. With that in mind it sort of makes sense that people would still be using RAGS, the communities that were into it were really into it. Sort of sad thinking about how most those websites and groups I used to visit are gone now. Like sand through the hourglass.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote