VN Ren'Py Between Humanity - Development thread

What do you value the most in an adult visual novel?

• Story

Votes: 117 70.1%
  • Animation (Quality, Frequency)

Votes: 53 31.7%
  • Sexual Interactions

Votes: 60 35.9%
  • Character Design (Depth)

Votes: 89 53.3%
  • Image Quality

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Sound

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters

blindedTrickster

Apr 19, 2020
I just wanted to say that I'm late to the party and just discovered this gem today, but I'm very impressed! You've done an amazing job at every aspect of this game. I was sad when I finished Chapter 2 because there isn't more to enjoy (yet). Please keep up the great work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: DebatingPanda

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
I just wanted to say that I'm late to the party and just discovered this gem today, but I'm very impressed! You've done an amazing job at every aspect of this game. I was sad when I finished Chapter 2 because there isn't more to enjoy (yet). Please keep up the great work!
Thank you very much! :) I'm working on the first part of Chapter 3 currently and I did some good progress during my vacation. I should start posting the development updates in here as well, since that's what this threat is all about.

There's still a lot to cover, but progress is being made constantly. Here is the latest status report image from previous Sunday.

report-0.3-4.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: blindedTrickster

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Hey everyone!

I’ve got a shorter status update for you compared to last time. During my second week of vacation, I made solid progress on the upcoming version, still got a good amount of things done this week as well. So far, I’ve written around 9,000 words, with a target of somewhere between 12,000 and 15,000 for the first part of 0.3. That feels like a solid goal in comparison to 0.2.

I’ve also completed a few smaller animations and renders. I had to test one particular in-game scene to see if it worked the way I wanted it and I’m happy to say that I like it!

As for the vote I conducted about second chances with LIs, the feedback was mostly positive, so I’ll be sticking with the current approach. Thanks for your input!

Wishing you all a fantastic week ahead, and thank you for the continued support! ❤
report-0.3-5.png

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Hi fellow Pandalorians!

I’m nearly finished with the story part, and rendering will begin soon. You can expect to see some sneak peeks starting around mid-October!

The story is currently about 14,000 words, and I estimate it will end up between 15,000-16,000 words, depending on revisions and the last two missing scenes. This update will include quite a few new scenes, so the rendering process may take a bit longer, but I’m confident it will go smoothly. Out of the 12 scenes, 5 will require new maps, which I need to prepare first (I usually can’t use stock maps directly because of missing assets or weird object placements).

I’ll keep you updated on the progress!

Wishing you a great week ahead, and don’t forget to stay hydrated!

report-0.3-6.png