Ren'Py Summer Heat bug - blocked functions (phone and other).

AlexProph

Aug 28, 2024
The game worked fine (0.51 & 0.6), till I installed 0.61 Compressed from main branch.
Summer Heat [v0.6.1] [Naughty Fox Games] - Compressed
After that some functions stopped working - the phone, bonus images and additional views in freewalk mode.
The compressed version was erased.
I tried to unpack the full versions 0.6 and 0.61 several times, but each time this functionality was somehow blocked (with On in options).
Cleaning the registry and restarting did not give results, as well as deleting the save folder.

Perhaps you have encountered a similar problem in other RenPy engine games and known solution.

MistyRose34

Jan 5, 2023
The game worked fine (0.51 & 0.6), till I installed 0.61 Compressed from main branch.
Summer Heat [v0.6.1] [Naughty Fox Games] - Compressed
After that some functions stopped working - the phone, bonus images and additional views in freewalk mode.
The compressed version was erased.
I tried to unpack the full versions 0.6 and 0.61 several times, but each time this functionality was somehow blocked (with On in options).
Cleaning the registry and restarting did not give results, as well as deleting the save folder.

Perhaps you have encountered a similar problem in other RenPy engine games and known solution.
the game locked up on me when I tried to reply MC mom on the cell phone can't move on with the game from that point

AlexProph

Aug 28, 2024
the game locked up on me when I tried to reply MC mom on the cell phone can't move on with the game from that point
It seems to be a script glitch somewhere in the beginning after the train. By the way, what version? Did the new game help?

After some time It looks like a rare problem. And therefore I believe that 90% of the problem is caused by Winodws.

Last edited: